Monday, June 15, 2009

Thoughts, Ponderings, and Prayer Request

From time to time you should hear a Christian say, "That was laid on my heart." Well I have something/someone that was laid on my heart that I would like to share with all my fellow Christians.

It is Shia LaBeouf. Strange you say, well maybe so.

He is on the cover of Parade Magazine this week. We all KNOW who he is right? Actor from Holes, Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, and Transformers? He is a very good actor, and a very YOUNG actor. The title on the front of the magazine was, "Only 23, Transformers star Shia LaBeouf has troubles as big as his blockbuster fame". Well I had to go read the article and see what they were talking about as I searched for the elusive coupons that sometimes hide in Parade (none this time, sorry to report). Back to the matter at hand, after reading the article Shia reminds me of another actor. Kirk Cameron.

If you don't remember Kirk Cameron he was a star in the late 80s and early 90s. He was on the tv show Growing Pains and most young girls were totally in love with him. He SUPPOSEDLY had everything that a young many could possible want. The money, the fame, BUT he says he was empty inside. During this time of EARTHLY triumph he was the lowest. AMAZING! We all think that when people achieve his level of success that they are happy, but he was miserable. It was during this time that he discovered that he was nothing without God. If you haven't read/heard his story then I suggest that you go here, scroll down to the bottom and hear his testimony.

This is were I get back to Mr. LaBeouf. In his article he is so fearful of loosing all that he has. After reading he reminds me so much of Kirk Cameron. I would like to request for all of us Christians to PRAY for him. I sincerely feel that he NEEDS it.


If you are here for the coupons, keep going they are in the following post. Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment