Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Midweek Madness

How many of you have CRAZY children?!!! This morning was a little wild. First my husband forgot to set his alarm clock and he got up at 2:30 instead of 2:00, yeah that early. Then my middle child comes into the room at 3:00 am and says, "I am up doing some school...." I kind of half set up in the bed, and said, "Are you crazy?! It is 3:00 o'clock go back to bed." Well she didn't exactly go back to bed although she did make it to her room. Then my alarm by some miracle goes off at 4:10 (I set it for 4:30 but it is 20 minutes ahead...long story) so I slapped it off and THEN my cell alarm goes off at the true 4:30 (I had to set double alarms because I wasn't sure my clock alarm was working), and what do I hear but music! So I went to my daughter's room and she is playing educational games on the computer! I told her she had to get back in the bed because she had about 4 more hours she could sleep. So I put her back to bed and then I stayed up to get started with my day...now I am starting to wonder who is the crazy one...:)


Recipe hint:
I recently bought 3 lbs of ground turkey and like most times when I get home the item goes in the frig/freezer and I never get anything separated. I knew that I didn't need 3 lbs of meat at one time and I was trying to figure out how I was going to get what I needed without ruining meat, my solution - meatloaf AND barbeque hamburgers! I made the meatloaf with 1 1/2 lbs of ground turkey, then the rest I added a little bit of salt and pepper and shaped into patties and cooked. The patties are sitting in the frig waiting for today when I will add the sauce, here is the recipe if you are interested.


Cooked patties out of whatever meat you choose, I usually do about 5 to 6
1 can of tomato soup
1/4 c. onion or 1 tbsp. of minced onion
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (http://www.frenchs.com/ usually had a coupon for this)
1 tbsp. vinegar, optional, in my opinion tastes the same with or without this


While cooking the patties mix the other ingredients in a bowl. When the patties are done cover them in your sauce and let them simmer for 20 minutes and then you have homemade barbeque hamburgers!


Now that I have regaled you with all kinds of information lets see if we can find any good deals!
Shortcuts - they have added some new coupons, one is for .35 Betty Crocker Au gratin potatoes, huggies diapers, $2 on pull-ups, .50 on Green Giant vegs., .50 on a healthy choice meal, $2 on Brides magazine, $1 on yo-plait yogurt, just to mention a few.


Smartsource - has an extra coupon for .40 on the Au gratin potatoes, meaning with the shortcuts coupon and this coupon you will get $1.15 off a box of these at Kroger. Also has $1 off of Yo-plait yogurt combine with the shortcuts and you will get $2 off at Kroger!


Barnes and Noble - current coupons listed


Earn money for schools - save Capri-Sun pouches, read link for details


Get a free pocket photo book - In packages of the "Tale of Despereaux" coming out on April 7th, there will be details on how to receive the free book...or go to the website for limited details


$3 rebate - with purchase of the "Tale of Despereaux" and a MaMa Rosa's pizza


April 20th to June 14th - Carl Jrs. and Hardees will be offering "Tale of Despereaux" toys in their kids meals.


Tresemme 24 - $1 off any Tresemme 24 body collection product


Ab Rocket - at 1 Sale a Day for $49.99...today only!


Target - grocery coupons, .55 off splenda combine with other splenda coupons


Chuck E. Cheese - join the club and get coupons


JoAnn - fabric store, get 50% off one online item...code on the site


Honey Nut Cheerios - .55 coupon, combine with a coupon from shortcuts to save more money


Aquaphor - $1 off this lotion for babies


Coffeemate - coupons, use this week at kroger where big bottle is $2.50

I leave you with this question:
Does anyone have a dehydrator? My family and I really love dried bananas and pineapples BUT I have a hard time finding any in the stores that we can eat because of a peanut allergy. If you have a dehydrator that you like, share the info with me. Keep in mind that I am cheap so I don't want to pay to much. :)
I have to apologize if this post is messy. I kept loosing my post today and when you go to edit it REALLY messes with the spacing. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment